- Boil water in a saucepan and add the grated bella and keep stirring until you get a string consistency.
- When it forms the desired consistency add the sesame seeds and grated coconut. Then immediately start adding the thambutt podi, a little at a time.
- Keep stirring until it reaches a firm but spreadable consistency. Transfer it to a serving thatte ( plate ) patre ( bowl ) and decorate with grated coconut.
- Similarly you can make thambutt unde by adding channa dal to the mixture and keep stirring until it becomes a thick dough. Add a little ghee for taste and make small balls of the dough and allow to cool.
- Berambutt is usually relished as an evening snack.