About the Okka
Some say that the name was given to this okka by the king, but others say it was there even earlier, during the time of the Nayakas.
Diwan Ponnappa’syounger sister was married to Munḍangaḍa Appayyawho was given land here by Ponnappa. But he was killed by a tiger and his wife gave the land back to her brother because she could not look after it. The Diwan then gave that land to his second wife Somavva (Cheppuḍira-2). That is why this bhaga is called ‘Munḍangaḍa Cheppudi’. The first ainmane that Ponnappa built here for his second wife was a small thatched one. He started building a large mund mane, but died before he could complete it. Ponnappa’s son Madaiah ajja completed the construction of the house.
- Cheppudira Jai Appachu – Signals Maj. General
- Cheppudira P Muthanna – Colonel
- Cheppudira B Ponnappa – Brigadier
- Cheppudira D Subbaiah – Air Marshall
- Cheppudira Shravan Devaiah – Flying Officer
- Cheppudira Pete
- Cheppudira Kushalappa