Commodore Kaliyanda A Bopanna
Commodore Kaliyanda A Bopanna is a Navy officer from Kodagu. He is the 22nd commanding officer of INS Cicars. On 29 April 2016 he took over command of INS Circars from Commodore Saleem M Anwer at an impressive Ceremonial Parade held at the Circars Parade ground. INS Circars is the oldest naval establishment on East Coast and the base depot ship providing administrative and logistics support to the Headquarters, Eastern Naval Command and a large number of units based in and around Visakhapatnam.
- Commodore KA Bopanna, is the twenty-second Commanding Officer of INS Circars, is an alumnus of National Defence Academy and was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 01 July 1985.
- A Missile and Gunnery specialist, he had related tenures on IN Ships Nirbhik and Ganga, Gunnery School INS Dronacharya, Indian Naval Work-Up Team, Kochi and Fleet Gunnery Officer Eastern Fleet at Vizag.
- His other tenures include Directing Staff at CLABS, Kochi and Director Staff Requirements at Naval Headquarters, New Delhi.
- The officer has commanded IN Ships Nirbhik, Krishna and Rana in addition to being Squadron Commander of 22 Missile Vessel Squadron.
- He underwent courses at DSSC Wellington, Army War College, Mhow and National Defence College Delhi.
- He also served as the Defence Advisor Singapore and Phillipines from 2008 to 2011. Prior to this appointment, he was Naval Officer-in-Charge (Andhra Pradesh).