Ballachanda Deepthi Bopaiah
Ballachanda Deepthi Bopaiah from Kodagu is an Executive Director at GoSport’s Foundation, a not-for-profit organization founded in 2008, which supports junior, emerging, and elite athletes in Olympic and Paralympics disciplines. Deepthi, formerly a wealth adviser and trainer during her 6-year tenure at HSBC, decided to quit her job in order to pursue her passion for sport. A sportswoman herself, Deepthi has represented Karnataka state in basketball and tennis. She believes in and is working towards building a sustainable athlete-centric sporting ecosystem, which nurtures future sportspersons.
- Ballachanda Darshu
- Baldwin Girls High School-2000
- Mount Carmel College- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)-2003-2005
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies MBA in Marketing -2005-2007
- Assistant Manager-HSBC-2007-2009
- AVP Training and Management-HSBC-2009-2011
- Vice President-HSBC-2011-2012-Wealth Management for the premier banking Clients of HSBC
- Communications Director-Gosport’s Foundation-2012-2014
- Marketing Director- Gosport’s Foundation-2012-2016
- Executive Director- Gosport’s Foundation-2016- present
Her vision and her ability to balance the vision and the various ‘players’ and stakeholders in Gosport’s’ world – athletes, coaches, investors, advisors, her own team and others – is truly admirable.
- Deepthi Bopaiah’s team and her foundation GoSports won the President’s National Award for sport-Khel Protsahan award.