Dr Chepudira Pete Poovanna
Dr Cheppudira Pete Poovanna from Gonikoppal, Kodagu is “The Canadian Queen Elizabeth Advanced Scholar”, Researcher at Lab for Alternative Energy Conversion & holds a Ph.D degree in mechatronic systems engineering from the Simon Fraser University, Canada. He was an international onsite coordinator and senior Engineer at Bosch, Germany.
Cheppudira Bose Thimmaiah
Cheppudira (Jammada) Saroja
- Early education- Lions School Gonikoppal
- High School- St Anthony’s high school Ponnampet
- Degree- Mechanical engineering from Malnad College of Engineering in Hassan-2000-2004
- MSc-Mechanical Engineering- Coventry University, United Kingdom-2004-2006
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering –Simon Fraser University-Burnaby British Columbia-2013-2018
- Pete Poovanna is currently working as a ‘Clean Transportation Analyst’ at PlugInBC, a program of Fraser Basin Council. He is a climate change analyst for the Fraser Basin Council’s Climate Change and Air Quality Program, overseeing electrification of Canada’s road transportation sector.
- Previously, he was a research associate and a doctoral candidate in the laboratory of alternative energy conversion, Simon Fraser University.
- Pete has held the position of senior engineer in Robert Bosch (2008-2013) in Germany and India. His research was on the development of low-pressure capillary assisted evaporator for green sustainable air-conditioning.
- Pete is a contributing columnist at Huffington Post Canada. He has several scientific publications related to clean energy.
- Pete Poovanna is a frequent contributor to The Georgia Straight, International Policy Digest, and Policy Options. He has several scientific publications related to clean energy
- Visiting Fellow, Fraser Basin Council l – End of life assessment of electric vehicle for Plug In B.C., a FBC program that lays the groundwork for plug-in battery electric vehicles and related charging infrastructure in British Columbia.
- Associate Researcher, Laboratory for Alternative Energy Conversion, Vancouver, Canada – He did a PhD research on development of low pressure capillary assisted evaporator for green sustainable air-conditioning.
- As a senior engineer at Bosch – Execute the CFD simulation for Alternators, collection of input, physics, coordinating with design team, delivery and discussion on the results. And overall responsibility execution of the CFD projects, Onsite project coordination of simulation activities.
- Research Intern, GE Global Research Centre, Bangalore, India – Development of MEMS based pressure sensor. Role: Viscosity characterization of silicone oil for the application of MEMS based pressure sensor.
- He mimicked the capillary evaporation process in trees, which produces cooling and invented a technology called capillary-assisted low-pressure evaporator (CALPE) technology has the potential to transform on-demand cooling in motor vehicles, while increasing their fuel economy.
- 2017- The Canadian Queen Elizabeth Scholar
- 2016- President’s PhD Scholarship Award
- 2015- Graduate Fellowship
- 2013-Bosch- Innovation Day Award
- 2013-Bosch- Service Recognition Award
- 2009-Bosch- One Time Award (OTA)
- 2006-Tata Coffee- Professional Scholarship, TATA Coorg foundation