Dr. Codanda Muthaiah
M.sc. in biomechanics
- Athlete 1950 – 1960
- Coach 1961 – 1975
- Sports Scientist 1970 – 1990
- S[ports Administrator 1975 – 1990
- Five time National Champion in Decathlon (1956-60).
- First Indian to take part in the 1954 World University Games in Budapest, Hungary.
- Obtained first rank in M.Sc., Biomechanics.
- First Kodava athlete during the time to break, the 400 mtrs hurdles in 1957.
- Represented India in the 1958 Asiad Games
- Represented India in World University games at Budapest, third Asian sports club at Tokushima, Asian Sports Club at Bangkok, Sports and Fitness Industry Association, Paris.
- Became the senior first grade coach in the sports Training Centre at Patiala in 1962 and also became the Indian team Coach in International University Sports competition and coach for Asian Sports Club Bangkok.
- Served as the Secretary and Secretary General of Asian Track and Field Research Center.
- Was in The Technical committee for the 1974 Asian Games
- Was the Technical Director ,1982 Asian Games.
- Gold Medal in Masters (Biomechanics) in Germany.
- Rajyotsava awardee.
- “Best athlete in developing countries” award winner.
- Dukan Vito Trophy for Hurdles.
- Silver medal for hop step jump in Germany & Tokushima.
- Golden shoe award winner for the best coach in Asia at the 1974 Games in Tehran.
- Asiad Vashisht Jyoti Award for the contribution as the technical director of the 1982 Games.
Categories: Eminent People