Kaad Mange Curry
Kaad Mange Curry (wild Mangoes) is one of the seasonal treats loved by Kodavas. The sweetness of the Jaggery, combined with red chilies, and the unique taste of these mangoes has a flavour that cannot be matched or replicated by any other fruit.
- Kaad Mange (Wild Mangoes) – 1 kg
- Jaggery as required
- Curry leaves- 2 strings
- Onion – I medium Sized
- Red chilies – 4
- Garlic – 2 pods
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder -2 tsp
- Oil – 2-3 tsp
- Peel the skin of the mangoes, add chilli powder, turmeric, salt and mix well. Keep it aside for a few minutes.
- Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds, red chilies, curry leaves, garlic, and onion and fry till the onions turn slightly brown.
- When the onions turn slightly brown, add the marinated mangoes and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Once the mangoes are cooked, add the Jaggery and coriander powder and boil it for a few minutes and turn off the heat.
Best eaten with rice.