Kaipuli Chutte Pajji
Kaipuli Chutte Pajji is made of roasted bitter orange usually relished in Kodagu. It has many cleansing and curative properties and is usually made for new mothers and it’s always on the menu for them. It is known as Pethavada Pajji.
- 2 Ripe Kaipuli (Burnt )
- Salt as per taste
- 3-4 cubes Jaggery
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 garlic pod
- 3 medium sized onion
- 5 red Chillies
- Lemon sized ball of tamarind
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp oil and mustard seeds for seasoning
- Pierce the Kaipuli with the fork and put them in the fire until the peel is burnt.
- Remove the peel, take only the pulp and grind to a smooth paste along with the above ingredients except chopped onions.
- Keep a pan on a slow fire and heat 2 tsp of oil in it.
- Add the mustard seeds and the chopped onions. When the onion turns brown, add the ground Kaipuli, and remove when it comes to a boil.
Kapuli Pajji is served with hot rice.