Kattera Dr Suresh
Kattera Suresh a doctor from kodagu is one of the founding partners and Scientific Director at Pearl Singapore Fertility Centre & amp; Research Institute who overall manages the Andrology and Embryology laboratory. He was trained in Assisted Reproductive Laboratory Technologies at the Loma Linda University Medical Centre, California, USA and was trained further in the UK and Belgium. He has more than 25 years of experience in the field of ART.
- Father: Kattera Pemmaiah
- Brother : Dr Kattera Kashi
- Sister : Dr Buttiyanda( kattera ) Yashoda
- Masters in Clinical Microbiology from the University of Mysore in 1983
- PhD in Reproductive Immunology from Mangalore University in 1987
He served in the department of Microbiology, Kasturba Medical College (now Manipal University) in the capacity of Lecturer, Assistant Professor and Associate Professor from 1987-1994 during which he taught microbiology to medical, dental and post-graduate students.
- Dr Suresh worked as Scientific Director in the Gleneagles Hospital IVF Centre from 1997-2009 during which he was responsible for it to achieve the top position in terms of success among all the IVF centres in Singapore according to Ministry of Health (MOH) publication in 2003. He published several papers in reputed international journals.
- He held the position of Adjunct Associate Professor in the Faculty of Medicine, University of Queensland, Australia from 2006-2009 and Visiting Professor in the Department of Reproductive Medicine and O&G, Ramachandra University, India, an affiliate of Harvard International from 2004-2009.
- Dr Suresh is the Scientific Director at the Parkway East Hospital Fertility & IVF Centre.
- Dr Suresh is a regular invited speaker at International conferences and has achieved several world firsts in the field of Assisted Reproduction.
- He achieved world first pregnancy after Enucleation of Tripronuclear zygotes, published in the journal Human Reproduction (2003).
- He showed for the first time in the world the deleterious effect of E2 & P4 on embryo viability in vitro and the benefit of short co-incubation of gametes published in Fertility and Sterility (2003).
- He showed for the first time in the world that rescue ICSI can be performed on oocytes that failed to fertilize 6h post- insemination, published in Human Reproduction (2003).
- He showed for the first time 4 types of pronuclear orientation in the zygotes, published in Human Reproduction (2004).
- He is a manuscript reviewer for various journals. He has been a regular invited speaker at various international meetings and has published several papers in International journals.
- He holds patent (pending) for designing a device (SEP-D) to process semen for IUI without laboratory facilities which give higher success than conventional semen processing methods.
- He started a post graduation course (MSc) in clinical Embryology and pre Implantation Genetics in Asia Pacific Institute of Embryology affiliated to the University of Mysore.
- He was awarded research Gold medal for his research work on antisperm antibodies in varicocele patients in 1986.
- He was adjudged as one of the best teachers and was awarded Distinguished Alumni Award in 1994.
- He was awarded International Cancer Technology Transfer Fellowships (ICRETT) by the International Union against Cancer (UICC Union Internationale Centre le Cancer in 1990 to work on a project at UC Davis, California, USA.