Kodandera Chengappa Madappa
- He joined the Royal Indian Air Force in 1940 and served as an Engineer in World War II.
- After Independence he qualified for I.A.S and served with great distinction till his retirement in 1980.
- After holding several senior ranking in state and central government he was appointed Director General of shipping in Mumbai and his severice was requistioned by the United Nations in 1970 as Advisor to the Government for Egypt for water transport.
- As an officer of the central government he had many delegations to the United Nations’ Conferences on GATT and EACF. Before retirement he was the secretary to the President of India.
- At that time of hectic ministery formations and changes of Govt. at the Centre, his knowledge and experience were of great use to the President.
Categories: Eminent People