Kokkalera Lopamudra Thimmaiah
Kokkalera Lopamudra Thimmaiah a sports person from Kodagu is a basketball player and an athlete. She initially started as a track athlete and gradually moved onto a team sport. She is committed to sport and her hard work managed to earn plaudits with her performances.
- Kokkalera Thimmaiah
- Schooling-Bishop cottons girls school-Bangalore
- Lopamudra excels in two sporting events, basketball and triathlon.
- She steered her club Mounts to victory in the NBA tournament in Delhi and Bangalore with some outstanding performances. She then guided them to the top spot in the state-level tournament organised by the Sahakarnagar Basketball Club. Lopa was in the All stars team selected by the NBA stars as well.
- At her age group, she has no peers and it came as no surprise when she became the top-scorer of the National championships (sub juniors) in Lucknow. Against Assam she rattled off 34 points, she sunk the ball into the basket no less than 41 times against both Maharashtra and Kerala. Karnataka rode on her shoulders to reach the final and picked up the silver.
- She captained Karnataka and did everyone proud as the basketball scouts sat up and took notice of her abilities. She was later selected for Indian sub junior team’s camp in New Delhi.
- Lopa has bagged the best player award many a time and is slowly graduating to the under-16 stage and then surely onto the junior and senior teams.
- Lopa bagged the silver in the 2011 under-15 triathlon event at Hyderabad.
- She was an automatic choice for the inter-zonal where she picked up the bronze in Bhopal. Her natural achievements are being the best player or the highest scorer.
- Being a consistent performer in the last couple of years she earned a senior India cap for the FIBA Women’s Asia Cup top tier event that was held at Sree Kanteerava indoor Stadium.