Mukalera Padmini a sportsperson from ponnampet is an ace sprinter who had a passion for sports at a very young age.
- She finished her early education in Kudige. Later she continued her studies at a college in Bangalore.
- She won many medals in 100 and 200 mts womens’s race representing India.
- She won several awards for her achievement in Athletics and made Kodagu district as well as the country proud by participating in International tournaments.
- She was coached under Bollanda Ayyappa.
- Won a bronze medal for the country at the Asian championship at Pathumathani, TU Sports Complex in Thailand.