Padeyanda Yashoda Somanna
Padeyanda Yashoda Somanna from Kakkabe, Kodagu did her Ph.D in environmental engineering in Chungnam National University, Daejeon, South Korea. Yashoda excelled in academics from her younger days. Her hard work and dedication towards academics made her successful which is considered as a matter of pride for Kodagu.
Padeyanda Somanna (Forest Officer)
- She did her schooling at St. Joseph’s Convent, Madikeri
- Completed her B.Sc degree from St. Agnes College, Mangalore
- She secured First rank in M.Sc from Mangalore University.
- She served as a project associate at the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru,
- She was a research assistant at the Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
- Besides publishing papers at major seminars, she has also attended international conferences.
- She was offered scholarship by the National Institute for International Education, Korea.
- She was conferred the Ph.D for her dissertation on ‘study on the potential environmental impact of food waste management in Dajeon Metropolitan City, Korea, using life cycle assessment’
- She was awarded the highest mark cardholder scholarship by Tata Coffee.
- She was also felicitated by Bengaluru and Madikeri Kodava Samajas for her outstanding performances