Palandira Vichal Muthanna
Palandira Vichal Muthanna a talented Kodavathi from Murnad, Kodagu invented a device for monitoring vital parameters of mother and child during labour. She won many awards for her outstanding invention.
Palandira Jaya Muthanna
Palandira (Mucakatira) Mithuna
- Completed her early education in St Joseph’s girls high school madikeri in 2007
- Higher secondary education in Vidyaniketan PU College, Gonikoppal
- Engineering from Vidyavardhaka College of engineering in Mysore
- M Tech from BMS College of engineering in 2015
- She was the co-ordinator for the Indian society for Technical Education (ISTE) for 4 yrs from 2009-2013.
- She was the Branch Association (IMPULSE) Co-ordinator for 2 yrs in Vidhya vardhaka college of Engineering from 2011-2013.
- She was a compere for the International Conference on Current Trends for Engineering and management (ICCTEM) in 2012.
- She was a Volunteer at the TEQIP II –sponsored 2 day International Symposium ’HORIZON 2020’ held at BMSCE, Bangalore in November 2013.
- She also took part in the International Symposium on ‘Mediche Elektronica’ held in September 2014 in BMSCE, Bangalore, in collaboration with the University of Twente, The Netherlands.
- She has shared the credit in the publication –Vichal PM, Appaji M Abhishek, Dr Manish Arora in 2015 ‘Device for Intrapartum MaternoFetal Care”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Volume 6,Issue 8, August 2015 Edition (ISSN 22295518).
- The device invented by Vichal not only monitors the vital parameters of both mother and child, but also raises an alarm in case of any fluctuations so that the doctors and medical staff can rush to the patient’s rescue.
- During her research at University of Michigan, she and her team developed a new device called kalEYEdoscope to track the progression of a condition called ‘Age -related Macular denegration’. Macular degeneration is the leading cause of blindness in the world and currently there is no device to help track its progression on a regular basis. “BMEidea-2019 where teams across United states with new innovative medical technologies particpated and her team bagged the 3rd place for developing this device on June 11,2019.
- She secured first rank in II PUC (PCMB) in 2009 for which she was honoured by the Coorg Foundation, Pollibetta
- She won the Gandhian Young Technological Innovation award -2006 from Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-society for research and Initiatives for sustainable Technologies and institutions (SRISTI) for her project ‘Device for intrapartum materno-fetel care’ with arrant amount of Rs 15 lakh to take the project forward and productize it.
- America Medical Design Excellence Award-3rd Place-2019.(developed a new device called KalEYEdoscope)
Vichal was one of the young achievers who received the award at Rashtrapathi Bhavan in New Delhi on Mar. 13.