Rao Bahadur Pandanda Chengappa
Rao Bahadur Pandanda Changappa, born in 1885 at Madikeri.
- He completed his education at St. Aloysius College, Mangalore in Agricultural science.
- He joined as the Manager at European Estate Company, and later started his own Estate.
Changappa became the Member of Kodagu District Board and functioned as the President of the board for 3 times.
- He became the Member to the Councillor of Kodagu in 1924 and worked hard for the progress of the Country.
- He was the President of Kodagu Muzrai Department, Vedanta Association Madikeri, Kodagu Zamindar Association, and Voters Association.
- He also worked as the Director and Treasurer of Kodagu District Co-operation Bank.
- As the President of Madikeri Kodava Samaja, he carried many good works and helped in the progress of the Samaja.
- He also helped many poor people and built hospitals and schools.
- He also gave a testimony to the Simon Commission in 1924 and was honoured by the British Government with the title “Rao Bahadur”.
Categories: Eminent People