Pattamada Belliappa a sportsperson was born on 24th March 1940 in Kodagu, A Legendary cricketer Belliappa ruled the roost in the 1960s. He was a calm and collected batsman, wicketkeeper and captain. He captained the Tamil Nadu team and was a stylish cricketer who narrowly missed playing for India.
- He was a student of Loyala College -Chennai
- His greatest moment in cricket was his 104 for South Zone against Mike Smith’s English team in the 1963-64 Season.
- First class cricket matches played
- Marylebone cricket club in India, Pakistan & Ceylon 1961-62
- International XI world tour 1967-68
- Belliappa is the former Tamil Nadu skipper who played 94 first-class matches for the state.
- He played for the Ranji Trophy in the year 1967-68. The final match was played against Bombay.
- He played domestic cricket and missed playing for India.
- Belliappa, has 4,061 runs to his name in first-class cricket.