Puggera M Devaiah
He has many years of experience as an in-house legal counsel with various blue chip companies, and has handled a number of domestic and international legal and regulatory assignments and projects. His interests include writing, agriculture and antiquities.
- Masters in law (LLM)-1988-90-Univesity of Mysore-Secured 1st rank
- Executive Program in ‘Late Stage Buyouts’, Harvard Business School, Boston
- Diploma in Journalism -1990- Univesity of Mysore
- Bachelors in Law (LLB)-1985-88-Vidyavardhaka Law College,Mysore
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) 1980-1985-St Philomana’sCollege, Mysore
PM Devaiah joined Everstone in 2007 as General Counsel. He leads Everstone’s legal and compliance team in their advisory work across investments, diligence, risk and day-to-day operations. He has many years of experience across a variety of industries. He was selected to The Legal 500 GC Power list for India, the only person from a private equity firm to make the prestigious honour roll of legal experts.
- He is Nominated to the top 8 GC in Asia Pacific region in Kongkong-2019
- 2007-2019-Partner & Group General Council at everstone capital advisors where he is a part of a fully integrated and captive legal team that serves internal legal and compliance requirements of all the verticals in the India and Southeast Asia focused private equity and real estate investment company. His function broadly involves private equity laws, securities laws, cross border legal and regulatory issues and compliance oversight over portfolio companies that they manage such as Burger King (India), Harrys, Faces Cosmetics, Excellity Global, Modern Foods, SJS Enterprises to name a few.
- 2002-2007- General Counsel for ICICI Venture Funds Management Company Limited It is wholly owned subsidiary of ICICI Bank Limited. The core activity as a public financial institution (AMC) includes asset management services, private equity and venture capital and portfolio management.
- 2000- 2002 Head of Legal for CARLYLE GROUP which is a 162 billion USD private global investment firm, based in Washington DC. Its core activities include private equity, advisory services to funds under management; to originate, structure and act as lead equity investor in management-led buyouts; strategic minority equity investments; equity private placement; consolidations and build-ups; and growth capital financing. (Venture capital operations in India/Asia)
- 1995-2000 -Head of Legal for BPL CELLULAR, BENGALURU is a joint venture between BPL Group and US WEST Inc. (now Media One Group). The core activities of the company include manufacturing of consumer durables in the electronic sector, software development, electronic components, power, telecommunications, mobile telephones, paging, aquaculture, finance, and engineering.
- 1993-1994 -Manager Legal (Hyderabad Area) Transport Corporation of India limited. It is the flagship company of the TCI-BORUKHA GROUP comprising of TCI-Finance, TCI Shipping,Wheels-Rent a Car, ABC India Ltd. GATI, Bhorukha Steel and Bhorukha Power. The core activity of the company includes cargo movement, specialized transportation services for project based cargo as well as for turnkey solutions from concept to completion, refrigerated transportation, multimode transportation, shipping, finance, and manufacturing.
- 1992-1993-Law Officer (Mumbai Area) Hindustan Unilever, is an Indian subsidiary of ANGLO-DUTCH Conglomerate Unilever.The core activities of the company include manufacturing of consumer durables like cosmetics, soaps and detergents, diversified food products, leather products, garments and agricultural products.
- 1990-1992 Law Officer(Mumbai Area)Tata Projects Limited, is a closely held company of the TATA GROUP and is promoted jointly by TISCO, TELCO, TATA Electric and TCE;
The core activities of the company include project studies, techno-economic feasibility studies, complete design and engineering, procurement assistance, inspection for projects in the power (thermal, hydro, nuclear), chemical and industrial sectors.
- He got nominated to the top 8 GC in Asia Pacific region Financial Times UK. Ceremony on 2nd May 2019 in Hongkong . He is the first economist form India .He gets the credit of first kodava to achieve this.
- he is listed by FORBES as one of the top General Counsels in India in 2021.
- GC POWERLIST: The Legal 500-Top 100 GCs in India – 2018.He was amongst The Legal 500 GC Power list – Top 100 GCs in India for 2018
- GC POWERLIST: The Legal 500- INDIA TEAMS for 2017.His team was recognized internationally as one of the leading Indian in-house corporate legal teams by the prestigious The Legal 500 and have featured in its GC POWERLIST: INDIA TEAMS for 2017.
- Facilitated with Honouring Legal Excellence as Group GC of Adani Group for outstanding services to the corporate sector and promoting International Business Trade & Commerce By Hon’ble MInister Shri Hardeep S Puri, Union Minister of State ( Ind Charge ) for Housing and Urban Affairs,Union Minister of State I Ind Charge ) for Civil Aviation and Union Minister of state for Commerce & Industry.
Indian Business Law Journal