Sannuvanda K Uthappa
Sannuvanda K Uthappa a famous Kodava sportsperson is from Devarapura,Gonikoppal. He was born on 2nd December 1993. He is a professional field hockey player who was part of the Indian field hockey team which competed in the 2012 London Summer Olympic games. He plays in the Forward position.
Sannuvanda Neeraj Kushalappa
- Early education-Lions school Gonikoppal
- High school-St Josephs Indian High school, Bangalore
- Degree- St Josephs Commerce College, Bangalore
- Uthappa picked up the sport as a profession at the age of eight after watching his brother play hockey. He took to hockey professionally at the age of 14 and joined the Sports Authority of India, Bangalore, in 2004.
- He represented his school St. Joseph’s Indian High School, and St. Joseph’s College of Commerce and Bangalore University, before being chosen to play for the junior team of his State, Karnataka
- He holds the Karnataka state record for scoring the highest no of goals (16) in 5 matches that he played for Coorg team at the age of 11 in the state level competition.
- He also guided the Coorg team to victory against the mighty Bangalore team ending the Bangalore team’s 4 year winning streak.
- Later he joined Sports Authority of India, Bangalore to improve his performance and has since excelled as a player for both his college and University.
- His impressive show at the games, he was recruited to play for the state and soon found himself captaining the Karnataka team to victory Junior Nationals 2010. He was adjudged the best player in the 2011 Senior National championship in Bhopal.
- Uthappa made his international debut against South Africa on 16 January 2012 during the first match of the Karbonn Cup Hockey five-match test series. He was given a special award from Hockey India for scoring in his debut match.
- He was picked to play at the 2012 Olympics Qualification Tournament and appeared in all of the six games, scoring one goal, against Singapore.
- Uthappa captained the side for the first time at the 2016 Asian Champions Trophy in Malaysia, in a league game against Pakistan, in the process of rotation of captaincy the team followed after the 2016 Rio Olympics. His side won the game 3–2.
- In the inaugural edition of the Hockey India League in 2013, Uthappa was picked up by the Uttar Pradesh Wizards franchise. He played for three editions of the tournament, till 2015.
- In 2016 season, he was bought by Kalinga Lancers and the side finished second. The team won the season in 2017, beating Dabang Mumbai in the final
- In 2011 Senior Nationals he was awarded the Best player.
- In 2010 he won the Junior Nationals and was the capatain of Karnataka.
- He was Appointed in Indian Oil Corporation Ltd when was 18 years old.
- He played his first Olympics when he was just 18 years old.
- He was also a National Basket ball player and State level Badminton and football player.
- In 2016 Champions Trophy, London he won Silver Medal
- In 2016 Asian Champions Trophy ,Malayasia he won Gold Medal
- In 2017 Asia Cup,Dhaka he won Gold Medal
- He received the Ekalavya award in the year 2014