Tekkada Bhavani Nanjunda
Tekkada Bhavani Nanjunda a sportsperson from Napoklu, Kodagu ia an avid mountaineer since 2014. Hard work and determination made her successfully summit many peaks. She was the only NCC Cadet from South India who was selected for the basic Mountaineering course.
Tekkada Nanjunda Prabhu
- Primary school -JC School-Srimangala
- High School-Navodaya School-Galibeedu
- College-St Agnes College-Mangalore
- Bhavani is working as an instructor at Himalayana Mountaineering institute, based in Darjeeling.
- She underwent training in mountaineering at Atal Bihari Institute of Mountaineering based in Manali and was the only candidate to merge victorious from the Himalayan Institute of mountaineering by overcoming most difficult obstacles to qualify as first grade trainee
- She completed her Mountaineering course in ABVIMAS and secured A-Grade in 2014.
- She was the part of NCC girl’s expedition Team to Mt Rudegera (Uttarkand) and successfully summited the peak and was trained in Nehru Institute of Mountaineering Uttarkand and IMF Delhi in 2014.
- Her passion for more expeditions and to gather more experience she completed special basic from the renowned Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Darjeeling in the freezing month of January,2015.
- During her course she summited Renok peak and took part in AIVSC (Rajasthan) in 2015.
- She was the part of the Republic Day contingent for NCC at Rajnath , New Delhi in 2016.
- She completed her advance Mountaineering course from ABIVMAS in 2016.
- In 2016 she summited Friendship Peak and Mt.Stock Kangri in Leh Ladak which was 20,187 ft.
- In 2017 she got the opportunity to complete the method of instruction course from HMI (Darjeeling) and secured A-Grade.
- She was appointed as a guest Instructer in HMI and gained more experience and skills.
- Later she completed her basic and intermediate courses for Skiing from Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering, Jammu Kashmir and secured A-Grade.
- She took eight hours to ace the trek to Mount Elbrus the tallest peak in Europe and scale the tenth most prominent peak in the world, on October 19..
- Commendation by the Chief Minister of Karnataka
- Commendation by Director General NCC India
- Commendation by Deputy Director General NCC KAR & GOA
- Best Cadet 6KAR AIR NCC, Mangalore
She has climbed many peaks in Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Leh and Manali and aims to scale of Gowrishankara Mountain in the Himalayan range, considered toughest for mountaineers. Trained in Swimming, Horse riding and Security operations Bhavani aims to serve Indian armed forces like her contemporaries from Kodagu.