Theethira Vineet Devaiah
Theethira Vineet Devaiah Co-Founder & CEO of Teliport was born in Kutta,Kodagu. He created a tech investing system that went on to gain popularity all over the world and has now become a billion dollar company
Theethira (Ammunchanda)Latha Subramani
- He did his B.Tech in chemical engineering from the National Institute of Technology-Karnataka, Surathkal
- He proceeded to the United States for his Masters in biomedical engineering from Cornell University.
- He moved to Silicon Valley and enrolled at UC Berkeley to study marketing and took a course at San Jose State University to study entrepreneurship in finance.
- His tryst with computers started when he was 10 year old at his father’s office in Goa. When he was 15 years old, Vineet built his first application – a weather forecasting application for farmers.
- It was in Goa that Vineeth took the first steps towards starting his business ventures. He studied in Naval Public School there.
- Vineeth once stumbled upon the National Centre for Antarctica and Ocean Research just around the corner and soon started bugging them for data. Scientists were mystified, but were encouraging. They gave him access to weather patterns for the past 50 years on floppy discs and Vineeth began reverse-engineering a programme that could work with the data .He ended up coding a programme that predicted weather patterns fairly accurately, attracting the attention of
- He quit his job as head, US and international business development, Terracycle Inc, and moved back to India to join his friend Abhinav Asthana, and co-founded TeliportMe
- The duo created Bits360, a small service-based company. Focused on driving revenues for clients by bringing innovative marketing and branding strategies, its signature product is the panoramic virtual tour, where 2D pictures are converted into a virtual experience for customers.
- He is the Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of TeliportMe, Bangalore, which lets one explore places through the images and panoramas taken by users through the Android app 360. His system facilitates crowd-sourced panoramic images to build a community.
- TeliportMe’s most-sought-after app 360 allows a person to press a button on the camera and take a circular shot of the world around, generate a panoramic, full-circle, hi-resolution picture of the surroundings and share it on Facebook or Twitter as well as TeliportMe’s website
- TeliportMe has outrun other leading apps like Photaf, Occipital, Dermandar and Photosynth and is now the choice for Android users..
- He has been involved in various technological and non-technological startups as a consultant. He headed the US and International Business Development at Terracycle Inc. which was called The Coolest Little Start-Up in America by Inc. Magazine.
- Vineeth was mentored by Bala Manian, a US-based serial entrepreneur in optics space, whose inventions were picked up by George Lucas’ Industrial Light and Magic to make the film Return of the Jedi, which bagged an Oscar for technical advances.
- Other investors in TeliportMe include venture capitalists from America millionaire Dave McClure (Chairman of 500 Start-ups), Bill Gross (Idealab), Alessandro Piol (Vedanta Capital), etc.
- Google approached them with a buyout offer for TeliportMe that was in the $15-20 million range, but its offer was turned down by the enthusiastic entrepreneurs who wished to take the company forward.
He was awarded Coorg person of the year in 2012