Ummi refers to Paddy Husk. They are the hard coverings of grains which protects them during growing season. They have no nutritional value and are not meant for consuming. Another by-product obtained after removing rice from paddy is thoud.
- The ash of paddy husks is potential source of amorphous reactive silica and is used in production of Portland cement.
- used to clean teeth before toothpastes.
- used as fertilizers and substrate for gardening
- Husks are Coated with fine grained gun powder and are used in fireworks.
- Used as pillow stuffing; insulating material; boards and cardboard, etc.,
Categories: Kodava Thakk