Wg Commander Pemmanda Prithvi Ponnappa
Wing Commander Pemmanda Prithvi Ponnappa, an eminent person from Srimangala in Kodagu is proud to be a part of Indian Air Force and to perform in an aerobatic display. He was part of the Sarang aerobatics team. His daring skills got him to perform in more than 200 display events with the Sarang Team. His main aim is to motivate youngsters to join the Indian Air Force
- He flew one of the choppers that performed the gravity-defying heart shape and dolphin sleep manoeuvres at the inaugural of Aero India 2017.
- Sarang helicopters fly with just 5-metre distance between them which is fitted with the indigenously developed Dhruv engine. Sarang has four choppers which fly as two pairs and Ponnappa was the leader of one of these pairs.
- He debuted in Aero India with Sarang in 2013. But he did not get the opportunity to display his skills as he was a standby pilot. In 2015 he performed for the first time before the Bengaluru audience.
- He participated in Aero India for three successive years with his Sarang team
- He has been a part of more than 200 display events with the Sarang team.